So lately I’ve noticed more of a sensitivity to gluten ( bloating ).. so I try to stay clear when I can.. and it makes me feel much better.. 🙂 But Im always looking for a little something that is bread like.. or even a little sweet.. .. and since I like to know what is in my food… I usually make it myself.. so here is what I played around with.. ENJOY.
Gluten Free Banana Bread.. with Chocolate Chunks 🙂
Easy enough and tastes great…
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt ( I use sea salt)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (I used 4 medium one more would have been good?)
- 1 cup sugar ( I used splenda baking blend)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil ( I used coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ( I didnt have any.. but you will want to use it)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of chocolate shavings.. ( I used a bar of trader joes organic dark and shaved it myself)
Add all dry ingredients in large bowl in another bowl whisk wet ingredients.. then add all together.. I did not add my chocolate to mixture as I added on top.. but may be good if you add all together too? which ever you prefer? This recipe made one 9 X 5 loaf and one mini loaf… FYI.. bake 350 for about 45 – 50 minutes.. testing with a toothpick until it comes out clean from center.. should be a little brown on top.
Blueberry/Banana Quinoa Morning Muffins..
Yummy and filling.. the cinnamon cuts the quinoa flavor a bit too.. but I like quinoa flavor.. so its not a big deal for me.
- 2 cups Quinoa Flour – or you could use same flour as banana bread if you dont like flavor of the quinoa
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt ( I use sea salt)
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Butter ( yes, I used butter)
- 1 cup almond milk ( can use any milk )
- 1 smashed Banana
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup ( I use pure organic)
Add all dry ingredients in bowl and then in another bowl whisk wet ( banana is wet fyi) … then add all together.. stir and then fold in blue berries.. .. Bake 25 mins on 350 .. easy as can be.. makes 12 regular muffins… ENJOY.