- Keep Snacks to 100/ 200 calories – If you go over board.. lighten up at your next meal.
- Snacks should be nutrient rich foods like fruits and veggies – snack time is a good time to get in your recommended daily requirement.
- Plan snacks in advance – keep healthy (non fridge ) goodies on hand. In the car, in your desk, even in your handbag or briefcase.
- Add a little protein to your snack – when you add protein to your snack it helps to reduce hunger and increase fullness.. win / win.
Some of my favorite snacking suggestions:
- A handful of almonds
- Apples and pnut butter sandwich
- Cottage cheese and fresh fruit slices
- Hummus and carrots
- Egg whites and Hummus
- Turkey breast rolls with mustard
Create a great day !