So when it comes to baked goods….. I have to say, I prefer crunchy over soft.. Im not a big fan of muffins, chewy cookies, cakes or cupcakes.. but put a scone, hard cookie or biscotti in front of me.. and Im a very happy girl.
Im even happier if the baked good is gluten free and tastes delish.. so with that said.. Im sharing one of my favorite GF crunchy snacks..
Easy as pie ( gluten free almond cranberry biscotti pie of course)..
- 1 3/4 cup Quinoa Flour – sold in most whole foods & even commercial grocers now .
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt – I used sea salt
- 3/4 cup whole almonds tasted and chopped – I chopped in my vitamix
- 3/4 cup dried un sweet cranberries
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil – I used organic sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup organic granulated sugar.. – you can cut in half for less sweet 🙂 or use brown rice syrup?
- 2 large eggs – FYI if you are making vegan … ¼ cup of applesauce or one banana mashed equals one egg.
- 2 tsp vanilla (McCormicks is GF)
- Pre Heat Oven to 300
- chop Almonds – I did on low pulse in vitamix and toast lightly.. just in pan on medium heat for 3 minutes or so on stove top..
- In large bowl, whisk, quinoa flour, baking powder, cranberries, almonds, salt and baking powder.
- In small bowl, whisk , egg, sugar, vanilla and oil
- Slowly add liquid to dry mixing as you go… till it forms a very well blended ball
- Transfer dough to a greased baking tin- I used coconut oil spray .. and with moist hands, form a rectangle.. about 12 inches long by 2 inches wide.. and about 1/2 inch thick.. or a little thicker.. ?
- Bake 25 mins or until just golden brown and feels ‘set’
- Cool for 15 minutes
- Cut 1/2 inch slices from loaf – approximately 16 – 18
- Take slices cut side down and place back on baking tin .. bake for another 15 minutes .. watching them .. or until brown and dry.
- Cool and ENJOY.. at approx 187 crunchy calories.. this GF snack is sure to be a winner.
- Click on slideshow below.. for step by step how to photos
Create a great day