Its this simple..
- 1 box of trader joes black bean latin style soup (19 oz)
- 8 oz trader joes vegetable stock (in a box) low sodium
- 2 cans trader joes organic garbanzo beans – 15 oz ea.. rinsed/drained
- 2 cans trader joes organic kidney beans – 15 oz ea .. rinsed/drained
- 2 cans trader joes vegetarian baked beans – 15 oz DO NOT rinse use liquid in can too
- 2 cans trader joes organic diced tomato (no sugar added ) use entire can with the ‘puree’
- 2 cans traer joes organic (no sugar added ) whole kernel corn 15 oz ..rinsed/drained
- 1 medium whole sweet onion – chopped small
- 1 green bell pepper – chopped small
- 6 stalks of celery – chopped small
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped small
- 1 .5 tbsp chili powder ( or to taste .. but this is what I used)
- 1 tbsp each dried parsley , dried oregano and dried basil
ADD it all in your slow cooker and turn on high for for 3 hours or till beans are soft.. I had it on for 3 hours.. and it was just right.
Feel free to cut in half.. I made enough for an army.. or just to throw in the freezer for another snowy/rain day.
UMMM.. did I say it was easy?? ENJOY..
NOTE: I chose to use all trader joe brand products.. for a two reasons.. .. I was in Trader Joes when I decided to make the Chili ( inspired by the black bean soup and beans) and also.. when I questioned the manager about their labeling.. (looking for GMO FREE) , he assured me that if the label says Trader Joes.. it is assured GMO free.. win/win.
Create a great day !