- 1 T. sesame oil or, olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 T. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth ( I used vegetarian veg broth)
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed ( I did not have red in the house so I used what I had..green)
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 t. coriander
- 1 t. tumeric
- ¼ t. cardamom
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. salt, or to taste
- 2 T. tomato paste
approx 6 portions
Quick and Easy Preparation:
- Add everything in crockpot except onion and oil.
- In sep. pan, sautee onion until translucent.
- After onions are sautee’d ( until translucent).. add to crockpot with ALL other ingredients.. and stir..
- Set crock pot on Med heat for 7 – 8 hours.. I put it on before work and came home 7 hours later
- Just before ready to serve.. sautee baby spinach in pan with a tiny bit of oil ( I use avocado)
Serve with spinach and flat bread (naaan) I have gluten free rice crackers Im serving it with. Create a great day !
Enjoy…Happy Day !