Here are a few simple instruction NO SEW steps from Tee to Tee-rific Halter ! ( see my slide show below for photos.. )
- Take a basic large or Xlarge Boxy Mens Tee ( I used my Favorite Dirty Bucket Brewery Tee)
- Cut off sleeves at an angle from under the arm pit to the neck.. careful to not cut neck
- Cut around neck hem on which ever side you want to be the back of your shirt ( I used the front for my back and back for my front since I wanted the BIG logo on front of my halter)
- Cut middle of back of neck down the center.. this is now your halter tie
- Cut back of shirt from arm pit to arm pit.. making sure to ONLY cut the back of the shirt it will be a flap after you cut off your neck .. so easy to identify.
- Cut center of what is left of back straight up (vertical cut) to separate back with an opening .. all the way thru.
- Open shirt and cut off bottom hem.
- Measure the chest area of your shirt.. I actually put this on to figure out where I want to tie my shirt.. mid chest is a good idea.. so not to have a gap where you can see in your shirt.
- At measured spot.. cut a small 1/2 inch hole in to fabric about 1 inch in from the side of shirt.. (folding shirt over 1.2 inch and cutting is easy way)
- Lace thru the hem of shirt that you cut off thru the holes on either side of shirt
- Put your shirt on .. tie top neck straps, tighten the mid chest strap and either bow tie the bottom or as I did FOLD over and pin in inside of shirt to keep from falling out..
Walla.. a new fun Halter shirt.
A big Thanks to my good friends Steve and Sharon for donating a great Dirty Bucket Brewery Tee for this DIY project.. visit their webpage for some super duper craft beer.. http://www.dirtybucketbrewery.com or pick up your own tee shirt too.
Create a great day !