Okay.. its been weeks now since I made the FIRST batch of this yummy goodness… I have since made it three more times… Im hoarding it in my freezer.. true story.
Yep, Its tried , tested and TRUE.. delightful.
- 2 lb ground turkey -sautee till brown in skillet – I used organic / kosher
- 1 small onion, chopped lightly sautéed in skillet
- 1 tbsp garlic cloves, minced and sautéed with onion in skillet salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups trader joes low sodium vegetable broth ( originally I used 6.5 , a friend suggested it was too much.. so I scaled back a bit.. you can use less if you desire.. I like it as is)
- 2/ 15 oz can crushed tomatoes – I used trader joes with chili pepper
- 3/ 15oz can baked beans – I used trader joes organic – no sugar added
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 3 large sweet potato – peeled and chopped ( about 3 cups of cubed sweet potato)
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes add all in crock pot on high 4 hours and low 7 hours..
- Serve topped with chopped avocado, tortilla chips, green onions OR as pictured .. with spanish olives.. MMM MMM good.
FYI.. this is a recipe for a 5 quart crock pot.. should you have a smaller one? please cut recipe in half.
The Caloric break down for this recipe as is , is : Per 1 cup serving 228 calories, 15 grams of protein , 7 grams fat, 28 carbs, 5 grams fiber and 9 grams sugars (natural)