Inspired by a dish we had while traveling in PR.. which was Fried Rice, Plantains, Shrimp and Scallops.. I made my own version.. 🙂
- 1 cup quinoa prepared
- 6 large shrimp de-vein and take off shell and tail/ chop each shrimp in three pieces
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped pineapple.
- 1 tsp coconut oil – or olive oil if you prefer
- Dry off the shrimp ( important so they are able to cook quickly and evenly ) salt and pepper to taste
- Add shrimp and pineapple to heated pan ( with hot oil)
- Stir until shrimp just start to turn white
- Add in Quinoa and stir thorough until shrimp are cooked and quinoa slightly browned..
Serves two .. I like to serve in the half of a pineapple for a nice presentation..
ENJOY.. Create a great day !